This tailor made 8 day Morocco trip tours the imperial cities, palm groves, Kasbahs, gorges, Atlas Mountains and Erg Chebbi desert dunes.
Feathers, Ivory and Gold ( 8 - 10 days)
Centuries ago, caravans laden with gold, ivory and feathers were delivering their loads at the sultan’s palace in Marrakech and Fes after weeks of crossing the Sahara.
This Morocco tour follows some of the ancient route but before that, we start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then witness the splendor of the Roman heritage at Volubilis. After a stop in Fez, we cross Middle Atlas and lush countryside to reach the Sahara.
From here, we uncover mysterious adobe honey-comb ksours and their wells of light, trek in the Dades gorges or explore lush palm groves.
We then cross the High Atlas and end our tour in sensual Marrakech. The itinerary can start/ end in Marrakech/ Casablanca or be done in reverse order.
If you can add an extra night, it would be best spent in Chefchaouen, Fes or Skoura.
After a day in the maze of its souks and palaces, what better choice then to shed off the dust in Essaouira, on the Atlantic coast ? The tour can start/ end in Marrakech/ Casablanca/ Rabat and be done in reverse.
A day or two can be added/ subtracted to fit your travel schedule, if needed. If you have a night to spare, we recommend adding the visit of Chefchaouen to the itinerary.
Remember that this is merely a suggested itinerary and we'll be delighted to create a tailor made itinerary around you. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and that stops are accommodated along the way as often as you desire, for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
We believe our guests deserve to be spoiled and stay only at the best properties while on a customized tour of Morocco. We spend a great deal of time and effort to anonymously test and hand- pick the most best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco. These original properties are constantly monitored and updated by our staff. Each one of them is inspired by and reflecting the culture, architecture and cuisine of its location. They do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. Once we receive an enquiry, we provide a day- to- day customized Moroccan itinerary with the names of the accommodations suggested at each overnight.
Please find below the resumed itinerary ( driving times exclude stops ):
- Day 1: Casablanca – Rabat ( 1 hour and a half drive).
- Day 2: Rabat – Meknes / Volubilis – Fez ( 2- 3 hour drive).
- Day 3: Fez – visit of the city with a local guide ( no driving).
- Day 4: Fez – leisure time, visit of the city or the surrounding countryside.
- Day 5: Fes – Ifrane – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi ( 7 hour drive).
- Day 6: Erg Chebbi – Rissani – Todra Gorges – Tinerir – Dades/ Skoura (4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 7: Dades/ Skoura – Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – Telouet – Marrakech ( 4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 8 : Marrakech – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving).
- Day 9 : Marrakech – Essaouira ( 2 and a half hour drive).
- Day 10: Essaouira – Casablanca ( 4 hour drive). Drop off at the airport.
Feel free to let us know if you would like to include a site/ activity of your own in the itinerary. If you don't know where to start, some ideas are:
- learn about life in the palm grove, the khetarra irrigations, the pottery craft, the olive oil press. Visit a village market;
- hot air balloon flight over Marrakech and its surroundings;
- wine tasting and lunch at a wine domain in Essaouira;
- cooking your own tagine with a local family with visit of the markets and district bakeries;
- traditional Moroccan hammam ( steam bath) with eucalyptus soap body scrub;
- lunch inside a Berber home or Richard Branson’s Atlas Mountains retreat;
- discover prehistoric rock engravings, have tea with the nomads. Pry out fossils;
- bake bread on almond corks in the village oven;
- buggy riding or sand boarding in the dunes;
- guided trek/ hike in Dades Gorge/ High Atlas.
Below you will find our rates based on two persons travelling together, with the relevant accommodation option:
Dreamers: 1590 €/ 1705 US $ / 1370 £ per person (double room and basic tent);
Privilege: 2225 €/ 2390 US $ / 1915 £ per person ( junior suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: rates available on request.
Pricing is tentative and can vary slightly at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside end of the year holidays), February, July and August, you will be charged our low season rates. We can only quote an exact rate once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation option preferred, the extras you would like to include and the duration of the journey. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our rates include:
- private use of English fluent driver- guide and modern air- conditioned Toyota 4x4;
- boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 8 nights;
- Sahara camel trek and private basic/ luxury tent for 1 night;
- 6 three- course- meal dinners and 9 breakfasts for 2 persons;
- airport or hotel pick- up and drop- off;
- private guided visit of Fez with local official guide;
- private guided visit of Marrakech;
- refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
- local English speaking guides;
- admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
- 24 hour travel assistance ( available with Privilege and Divine options);
- gasoline and highway tolls;
- transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
This tour can be stretched or 'compressed' by 1 or 2 days, depending on the time you have available to spend in Morocco.